Which filter suits my requirement?

Aug 25, 2009 at 12:12 AM

I am sorry to include this comment here but I want a suggestion. I have 2 lists namely ‘Tasks’ list and ’stages’ list.Tasks list will have an ‘TID’(task id)’Create a Stage?’ and ‘link to the Stage list’ columns along with some other columns, so when creating a item(new task) in tasks list if they say ‘yes’ for ‘Create a stage?’ column they will see a link to that corresponding stage list in the ‘link to stage list’ column and this data will get copied in to that Stages list automatically all this i did using event handlers.So the stages list will consist of all the stages for all the tasks in the tasks list with unique task ID’s and Stage ID’s.Now where I got struck is I have to show them only stages of a that particular task in the Stages list if already existing or I have to copy this data and make them create new stage when they click on ‘link to stage list’ in tasks list, it means filtering has to be done automatically in the stages list with respect to the TID value in the Tasks list.Except filtering part I wrote all other code for item added/updated and deleted cases.Do you have any idea or webpart apart from writing custom filter code?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2009 at 7:54 PM

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do. Is it possible for you to send me a screenshot by e-mail (ton[at]tonstegeman.com) that explains it a bit further?