CBT: Site column

Sep 8, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Hi,

In the CBT result, I want to show an hyperlink to the site containing the item.

Right now in CBT, I'm showing the title of the element.

My user have to open the item context menu and select 'Open site'. If they click directly on the title hyperlink, they get the item detail.

How can I make the title hyperlink to point to the item site?

I tried adding a calculated field in my list (containing the item's site url) but it did not helped me.

 

Thanks.

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Hi , i just upload today a patch that fit your requeriments, it's evaluating but you can try it and post your feedback

Sep 22, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Hello,

I just tested your patch.

When in the selected field I select 'name link (*)' with 'Link field' = 'Link to list, I'm getting redirected to the list but not inside the appropriate folder inside this list.

I think you have all the appropriate information to redirect to the folder inside the list.

You could have another link field option. Something like 'Link to folder in list'.

This will meet all my requirements and you would cover a lot of cases.

Thanks.

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:06 PM

And the 'title' does not show any information with this patch.

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Hi, thanks a lot for the feedback

I will  take your comments in mind and will upload a new patch next days

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:26 PM
sgamache wrote:

And the 'title' does not show any information with this patch.

Hi, what exactly mean when you says "title"? the tooltip?

 

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Hi,

With the latest patch, If I select the 'title' column as shown column. There always no string in this column. It's always empty even if there's title value for the item.

 

Thanks.

Oct 27, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Hi,

i have uploaded today one new patch with the redirect to folder functionatily, but i can't view the 'title' column error. I view it correctly. If you can show me how to reproducing?

Thanks in advance

Jesus

Nov 6, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Hi,

 

Thanks for the folder functionality. It works great. I can not reproduce the title problem anymore... Great.

 

Another thing: If I have a custom list (content type A) with a lookup to another custom list (content type B). When using CBT webpart to show item from content type A, it show the lookup column (this column is a lookup to content type B list).

When I select this column, it fails. Error:

Error while loading the data: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
Exception: System.FormatException
Stack trace: at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args) at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args) at TST.SharePoint.Shared.DatasourceContentType.GetLinkForLookup(String lookupLink, Field field) at TST.SharePoint.Shared.DatasourceContentType.SetFieldValue(Field field, DataRow newRow, DataRow row) at TST.SharePoint.Shared.DatasourceContentType.GetTypedData(DataTable table) at TST.SharePoint.Shared.DatasourceContentType.GetData() at TST.SharePoint.Shared.WebControls.SharePointGrid.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

 

The lookup is configured by 'Title'.

 

Thanks.